cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get official help for DRIVERS?

cupax
Contributor

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get official help for SOFTWARE and drivers for Canon printers?

Anywhere I emailed or called they were always telling me to contact my local service or technician. I don't need service, my hardware is fine, I just need to report bugs in drivers - talk to software developers.

The plotter I own is iPF770. This model was released in january 2016, while the drivers on their site are dated back to january 2015. You can immagine they are just generic drivers for all plotters and of course they have bugs.

How is it even possible that the drivers are 3 years old? Not even Windows 10 were released then?!?

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, cupax!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof) and what sorts of problems you're running into. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello Danny,

Your answer is exactly what I don't need.
If you want to help me please send me a direct email address of someone who is a driver developer for Canon.

JustinPalod
Apprentice

Hello.  I see that there are drivers available for download that were released for Windows x64 versions, dated from December 2017, at this support location:  https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/scan-to-copy-file-share/c...

Click on the Drivers/Download button, scroll to bottom, you'll see the driver version 4.91 available.  There are also several modules and plug-ins available.

Hope this helps.

Hi Justin,

Unfortunately this is the same v4.91 from the year 2015.
Announcements