cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How install into w10?

zCanon
Contributor

Hello Sir/Madam:

I bought the Canon imageClass MF4350d 6-year-ago when I was using the OS wXP of my laptop.  The printer

works very since then.

Now I am changed to use a laptop with w10.  How to install the Canon imageClass MF4350d into my new laptop with w10?

Please tell me the procedures!           --Zhao

PS: The original setup software I still keep.

6 REPLIES 6

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Zhao (also known as zCanon),

The original setup disk that came with your imageCLASS MF4370dn does not contain the Windows 10 drivers and MF Toolbox because Windows 10 was released after your printer was packaged.  However, the Windows 10 drivers and MF Toolbox are available for download on our web site.

Before you connect your MF4370dn to your Windows 10 computer, you can download and install drivers and software for your printer by following the steps below.

1.  Click HERE to go to the Drivers & Downloads page for your MF4370dn.

2.  The Drivers & Downloads page will open for the selected model.

Note: This page automatically detects your computer's operating system so that only the compatible drivers and software will be available for download.
 3.  Click on the SELECT button next to [Windows 32bit] imageCLASS MF4370dn MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) or [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF4370dn MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) to download the drivers.

4.  After clicking on the SELECT button next to the file name, click on the DOWNLOAD button to save the file to your computer.

5.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them.  A new folder will be created in the same folder.  The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file. (When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.)

6.  If the Setup Wizard doesn't start automatically, open your Downloads (or Documents) folder.

(1) You will see two icons with the name: MF4370MFDriversV270W32usEN or MF4370MFDriversV270W64usEN.  Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

(2) In the folder you will see two listings for Setup.  Double-click on the Setup that has the type as 'Application'.

7.  The Setup Wizard will open.  Proceed through the on-screen steps.

8.  Connect the USB cable and allow the installation to complete.

9.  Once complete, return to the Drivers & Downloads web page and click on Software to view the section.

11.  Click on the SELECT button next to [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mf18.

12.  After clicking on the SELECT button next to the file name, click on the DOWNLOAD button to save the file to your computer.

13.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location  to decompress them.  A new folder will be created in the same folder.  The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file.

14.  In the new folder, double-click the decompressed Setup file to start installation.

Next, please follow these steps to set MF4370dn as your default printer:

1.  Open the Printers Folder:

* Right click Start ->Settings ->Devices ->Devices and Printers.

2.  If there is more than one Canon printer icon shown, right-click on the printer driver you wish to use and Left-Click 'Set as Default Printer'.

3.  If the printer icons are stacked, right click on the printer icon shown and hold the mouse on 'Set as Default Printer' until the full list of drivers appears.  Left click on the UFR II printer driver to use.

4.  When the printer has been set as the default printer, a check mark is displayed beside the printer icon.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dear Sonya1:

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Please note my printer model is: imageCLASS MF4350d. not  imageCLASS MF4370dn.

Waiting for you reply.     --Zhao

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Zhao (also known as zCanon),

Sorry, I mixed up the model number.  However, the information is still the same with the exception of the web site location and drivers.  Here's the updated information for the imageCLASS MF4350d.

1.  Click HERE to go to the Drivers & Downloads page for your MF4350d.

2.  The Drivers & Downloads page will open for the selected model.

Note: This page automatically detects your computer's operating system so that only the compatible drivers and software will be available for download.
 3.  Click on the SELECT button next to [Windows 32bit] imageCLASS MF4350d MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) or [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF4350d MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) to download the drivers.

4.  After clicking on the SELECT button next to the file name, click on the DOWNLOAD button to save the file to your computer.

5.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them.  A new folder will be created in the same folder.  The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file. (When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.)

6.  If the Setup Wizard doesn't start automatically, open your Downloads (or Documents) folder.

(1) You will see two icons with the name: MF4350MFDriversV270W32usEN or MF4350MFDriversV270W64usEN.  Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

(2) In the folder you will see two listings for Setup.  Double-click on the Setup that has the type as 'Application'.

7.  The Setup Wizard will open.  Proceed through the on-screen steps.

8.  Connect the USB cable and allow the installation to complete.

9.  Once complete, return to the Drivers & Downloads web page and click on Software to view the section.

11.  Click on the SELECT button next to [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mf18.

12.  After clicking on the SELECT button next to the file name, click on the DOWNLOAD button to save the file to your computer.

13.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location  to decompress them.  A new folder will be created in the same folder.  The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file.

14.  In the new folder, double-click the decompressed Setup file to start installation.

Next, please follow these steps to set MF4350d as your default printer:

1.  Open the Printers Folder:

* Right click Start ->Settings ->Devices ->Devices and Printers.

2.  If there is more than one Canon printer icon shown, right-click on the printer driver you wish to use and Left-Click 'Set as Default Printer'.

3.  If the printer icons are stacked, right click on the printer icon shown and hold the mouse on 'Set as Default Printer' until the full list of drivers appears.  Left click on the UFR II printer driver to use.

4.  When the printer has been set as the default printer, a check mark is displayed beside the printer icon.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dear Sonya1:

Thank you!  You repeated everything one more time. You instructions is very clear and detailed, 

I think I will be succeded in installing the print drivers.

Due to I don't know the original software doesn't suit to w10, I have installed that sofyware in the w10.

Now I need to un-install the old software before installing the new one you told me, right.

By the way, I also have installed the old office, OFFICE 2007.  Is it also a problem. 

Hope you also tell me all related knowledge!   

Thanks!!              -- Zhao

Dear Sonya1:

I have a question of your instructions.

"Before you connect your MF4370dn( -> MF4350d) to your Windows 10 computer, you can download and install drivers and software for your printer by following the steps below."...........................

"8.  Connect the USB cable and allow the installation to complete." ................................

The above 2-instruction means:  

The USB cable, connecting-printer-and-pc,  is to be connected during the midway, step 8. !!!   

In the past, the USB cable is connected/used while finishing installation of both, printer and toolbox, software.

Now the software installation is changed.!    Right?

--Zhao

James_C

Hi zCanon,

You can download and install drivers and software for your printer by following the steps below.

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type MF4350d in the "Enter a Model Name" box and click Search.

3.  On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers& Downloads' link.

4.  Select "Operating System"

5.  Under the "Drivers" tab section click on the file named [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF4350d MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree to terms.  Download and save the file to your computer.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation.  You will also need to download and install the [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mf18" file as well for the scanner which is located under the "Software" tab.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Announcements