cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop double sided or 2-sided printing on my Canon MF8300C

frose530
Apprentice

I saw some replies for another MF series printer, but the instructions did not make sense to me.  I have gone through EVERY possible option in the print dialog boxes.  I think this is something set on the printer itself somehow.  

THe weird thing is that on my old computer with the same printer, I had an option in the Print dialog box for "Finishing."  That allowed me to specify (and obviously I could save that setting in a preset).  But, with my new computer and new download of the drivers, etc., "Finishing" is not on the drop down menu.  I do see Basic (which someone mentioned in a post), but that doesn't deal with 2 sided printing.

Please help!!

Thanks,

Cameron

48 REPLIES 48

frose530
Apprentice

And, I want to add that the menu on the computer says...   2 sided: OFF

I have checked the manual as well!!

Danny

Hi, Cameron!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer, and which applications you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for telling me how to call support.  I will do that if this doesn't answer my question quickly enough.

I am using a Macbook Pro with OSX 10.9.1

Chrome browser

I am trying to print from MS Word documents mainly (Word for Mac 2011).  I'm also printing Adobe PDF files. 

Anything else that would be helpful to know?

Hi Cameron.

Please follow the steps below to turn off 2-Sided printing and also save the 1-Sided option as a Preset::

1. Click [File], and then click [Print].
  2. Click the drop-down arrow for [Copies & Pages], and then select [Layout].
  3. Click the drop-down arrow for [2-sided], and then select [Off].
  4. Click the "Presets" drop-down arrow and click "Save current setting as preset."
  5. Name it "1-sided" or "Single-Sided" and verify that the imageCLASS MF8300 Series is the only printer selected.
    Click "OK".
  6. Print the document.

Now when you print other documents, select the "1-Sided" option in [Presets] to print single-sided documents.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666.  Have a great day.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

HI, I did this, but the seting do not save, iy keeps happening. The printer will not print other than double sided...Its about time to dump this printer...its only a 150 dollar item...is there no way to fix this ?

Hi, brettmil.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

OSX El Capitan

I'm having the same issue. The default setting being a 2 sided print is stupid. There seems to be no way to change this to make single sided the default. I love canon products and have a a lot of them that we use in my office. I agree with you on just dumping the printer and going with another since from what I have read on your post here from canon they don't have a fix to the problem. When they wrote the driver for these they made two sided the default without a work around. 

Pretty much have had my fill. I have wasted countless hours trying to fix this issue and it has cost me more money in screwed up prints then the printer is worth. 

I have an MF 6160.. love it overall, but now have the same double sided printing of documetns, and cannot turn it off. Have wasted a lot of paper, have to  send documetns to my two other simple canon printers to get single sided. Been on phone twice for an hour with Canon, none of the changes work.. they don't seem to have a fix. The presets get overrun by the printer as it defaults to double sided.  They said it was a Microsoft problem.

I have a Mac using OSX Yosemite v 10.10.5, use Chrome browser. I updated the Windows for Mac to the 2016 version, from the 2011 version.. same **bleep** double sided printing with both version. Canon, you have great printiers.. please get the fix together.. otherwis will have to trash this printer.

JNWe

Announcements