cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop double sided or 2-sided printing on my Canon MF8300C

frose530
Apprentice

I saw some replies for another MF series printer, but the instructions did not make sense to me.  I have gone through EVERY possible option in the print dialog boxes.  I think this is something set on the printer itself somehow.  

THe weird thing is that on my old computer with the same printer, I had an option in the Print dialog box for "Finishing."  That allowed me to specify (and obviously I could save that setting in a preset).  But, with my new computer and new download of the drivers, etc., "Finishing" is not on the drop down menu.  I do see Basic (which someone mentioned in a post), but that doesn't deal with 2 sided printing.

Please help!!

Thanks,

Cameron

48 REPLIES 48

illyack
Apprentice

I know this is an old forum. But I came across this problem after purchasing new printers for our office. My problem is in windows 7. To make the print driver always print one side, search for "Print Managment" , open it. Go to the folder "All Printers". Right click the printer you want to change, go to "Set Printing Defaults", choose one sided. Hit apply, okaycanon-print-set.png

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! You just made my life a lot easier. My new imageclass printer insisted on printing double-sided from one of my tax software programs. Had tried everything.........this worked!

shaikh
Apprentice
How to cappy two sides
in Canon MF4820d

Hi Shaikh.

Your message has reached the forum for Canon USA.  The imageCLASS MF4820d is neither sold, nor supported by Canon USA.  Please contact Canon India for assistance with this unit.  I have included their contact link below:

Canon India - Email Support

I hope this information is helpful to you.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

James_C

Hi frose530,

Click HERE for instructions to select One sided printing. 

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

mamabird
Apprentice

I have a Mac Desktop, and Canon Image Class MFb44Cdw printer

I can't stop it from printing double sided. 

I finally found the box to unclick "two sided" but it is not letting me unclick the box

I found this folder when I go into print - print using system dialog but now it won't let me change the system preferences

HELP!

I too am having the same problem. I have downloaded the latest drivers and they don't show up when I re-install the printer. my only driver options are Canon MF642C/MF643C/MF644C - There are no printer drivers in the driver library with MF642CDW where I assume the D is duplex and the W is wireless. In fact, after installing the driver package, I don't see anything that was added today. The drivers for the printer are old. 

officesmith
Apprentice

I may have found a solution for Windows 10.  Don't open Printers and Scanners in Cortana.  Instead open Control panel and find the Canon fax driver or printer listed (and should be set to default printer).  Then right click and choose Printer preferences, Once it opens the preferences, change from 2-1 printing to 1-1 printing and hit Apply.  Then hit ok and exit.  To check on it, open a new word or office document and hit print, open printer properties and make sure the setting is still 1-1.  This seemed to solve the issue for me. 

How does it feel to be a hero?! You rule whoever you are! Just know that. You rule and are a true hero in every sense of the word. If you are ever in Akron, OH please message me so I can take you out to lunch or for some ice cream.

Announcements