01-22-2017 08:10 PM
Hi, I have a color imageclass MF628cw and on the printer screen it gives me the option to scan to email adress but it does not scan anything to the email adress I put into the address field.
I can go to the canon scan utility on my computer and then it will scan it and open it up in my email but I cannot do that directly from printer. Can anyone help me set this up? Thank you
02-02-2017 09:35 PM
I will be able to assist you.
First, you will need to activate the Send Function Setting Tool. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Start a Web Browser.
2. Enter "http://<IP address of the machine>/sendsupport_login.html" in the address field, and press the [ENTER] key on the keyboard.
Once the Send Function Setting Tool is activated, please follow these steps to configure the Send to E-mail settings:
1. Click [Start] on the Send Function Setting Tool web page.
To log on in the Administrator Mode:
a. Enter the system manager ID in [System Manager ID] and system manager PIN in [System Manager Password].
b. Click [Logon].
2. Click [Send to E-mail Settings].
3. Specify the required settings.
[Favorites Number] - Select from the drop-down menu.
[Name for Favorites Number] - Enter the name for identifying the Favorites number.
[Destination E-mail Address] - Enter the e-mail address that you want to send your scans to.
[SMTP Server] - Enter the name of the SMTP server.
[SMTP Authentication] - Select [Not Set] or [Set] based on the authentication settings of the SMTP server. When [Set] is selected, enter the user name in the [User Name] text box and password in the [Password] text box.
Authentication methods for sending e-mails
- To prevent e-mail transmissions by unauthorized users, the machine supports SMTP authentication (SMTP AUTH) and POP before SMTP. For more information on the required authentication method, contact your Internet service provider or network administrator.
- POP before SMTP authentication can only be configured by using the Remote UI. See "Configuring Advanced E-mail Settings" in the e-Manual.
4. Click [Next].
5. Check the settings and click [Register].
6. Restart the machine. Turn OFF the MF628Cw for at least 30 seconds, and turn it back ON.
Additional settings may be required depending on the network you are using. For more information, contact your Internet service provider or network administrator.
Once the machine is back on, please scan a document. If the error persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.
06-09-2017 09:14 AM
I have an MFB624CW and I followed your instructions. I'm using icloud as an email service.
They require SSL authentication via port 587.
In admin menu under networking/e-mail-i-fax settings I have set the following parameter.
SMTP server: smtp.mail.me.com
Authentication SMTP: my email
Password: my password
how do I set SSL port 587 ? I can see use TLS for SMTP (tried with no success)
One particularity of my icloud account have have set two factor authentification, do you think it might be the issue ?
08-10-2017 06:29 PM
To set the SSL Port to 587 on the printer:
Go to: Network settings --> TCP/IP Settings --> (scroll down to) Port Number Settings -->(scroll down to) SMTP, then type in "587" and click "Apply"
11-04-2017 11:35 AM
Email is sent out OK but the sender address is blank and that goes to SPAM folder by most email servers. Is it possible to assign an sender address?