cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my Canon MF720C to scan to my computer again? Not enough space here to elaborate. Sorr

chumhawk
Apprentice

I work in an office with a Canon MF720C. My ASUS laptop had a system update today. The printer is still connected to my laptop wirelessly, but when I try to scan documents, it errors out every time and doesn't give me an error code/reason. I have tried restarting both devices. I even reinstalled the Canon software using the disc (this has worked in the past) but no luck. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi chumhawk.

I will be glad to assist you.

It is recommended that you uninstall the current drivers, and then reinstall the updated drivers from the Canon website.  Please follow the instructions below:

1.Uninstall the Canon MF Drivers from the Control Panel > Programs and Features.

A. Log on to the computer with an administrator account.

B. Display [Programs and Features].

C. Select the MF Drivers that you want to uninstall, and click [Uninstall/Change].

D. Click [Delete].

E. Click [Yes].

The uninstall starts.

2.Download and install the latest imageCLASS MF driver from the Canon USA Support website, (including both the Printer driver and ScanGear scan driver). Be sure to enter your imageCLASS model and select it from the displayed list. Then view the Recommended Downloads section from the Drivers & Downloads tab for the latest MF driver.

3.After installing the driver, Restart (not Shut down) the PC.

Once the computer is back on, please perform a scan.  If the issue persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I don't know if my suggestion is proper, I just know that it does work. We use an open source program with three scanners on our network, and this program allowes you to configure any of the scanners with many profiles for different types of scanning we require. The name of the program is "Not Another PDF Scanner2". Here is the link to SourceForge for the file.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/naps2/

If this information is inapproiate here, I am sorry, new to the community.

Announcements