cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble loading MP-101 paper in Canon MX922 printer- seems to not fit cassette. Any thoughts?

gthag
Apprentice

Just bought Canon MX922 printer and having some trouble at setup with MP-101 paper fitting into cassette. Seems too wide to fit in. Am I having spatial orientation issues or is this something others have noted? Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi gthag,

The cassette is designed specifically for plain paper.  When using Matte or Glossy photo paper, please use the rear tray for pritning.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The set up instructions specify to load the MP-101 paper into the lower cassette. Neither the MP-101 paper nor plain paper seem to fit between the right/left paper guides in this cassette. ??

Where is "rear tray" on the MX922 for printing on matte photo paper?

Hi triplebrook, 

Check out the following link for more information on the two paper trays and how to load different types of paper: http://Canon.us/rupr

Hope this helps!

I would not have been able to figure this out had I not found this forum;  so first - thnak you all!

the instructions are not just inadequate, they are deliberately misleading;  I agree with the poster who asked "why?"    I'm sure the Canon company does not care but for what it's worth, there has to be a terribly incompetent legion of workers there, because this kind of incompetence does not come without some real effort at **bleep**ing things up

hgovenor
Apprentice

I just did the same thing - The "lower" cassette has two parts - see if you can pull another drawer out below the one you tried - the paper does fit in there...  the upper one will just fit envelopes it seems.  Stealthy lower drawer!

I am afraid to try to pull anything out. Will you just send us a book, with the directions in it. This is worse than trying to apply for health insurance.

Thanks for this!  My printer is in the bottom of a buffet cabinet, and I thought I had the lower tray out...but there was one lower yet.

Thanks again.

YES!!! Thank you for making me aware of the lower drawer! Nothing about that in the directions.
Announcements