cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble loading MP-101 paper in Canon MX922 printer- seems to not fit cassette. Any thoughts?

gthag
Apprentice

Just bought Canon MX922 printer and having some trouble at setup with MP-101 paper fitting into cassette. Seems too wide to fit in. Am I having spatial orientation issues or is this something others have noted? Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

madhatter
Apprentice

Ok. It's nice to know tha lots of other people have this problem loading plain paper. But WHY?

bg19
Apprentice
I had the same problem, just open the lower cassette, then open the paper guides on the side and one in the front, then you load with the paper they provide

mpinard
Apprentice

There are two 'lower' trays.  For a first time user setting up the printer it easy to pull out the top lower tray which

is for printing CD's.

Lift the printer slightly from the side to pull out the very bottom tray and the mp101 paper for print head alignment will fit.

Thank you! You saved me!!!

I've found the lower tray , but the test page keeps coming back with error code 1008

I have lower cassette but it's not wide enough for normal paper. It's the only one I see. Where is the other one???

Houstonpaintguy
Apprentice

Try the deck below the one that doesnt fit. There are two decks. 

RRWineGuy
Apprentice

The instructions that are supplied with the printer are inadequate in this section. There are two trays to remove. That is not shown on the prinred diagrams. Users must pull out the bottom tray to complete this task.

VenomousElk
Apprentice

I had this same problem aswell, until I realized the illistration in the itructions was different than the tray I kept pulling out. Thats when I went into detective mode and researched what was going on, thankfully I found this fourm and read through it. I should hope that on future models they add extra instructions dictating the second tray. 

sdvega2
Apprentice
Awesome!! Thank you!!
Announcements