cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Cloud Print Communication Error

rawlmary
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm using the imageclass MF733dw.  Attempts to scan a document to my desktop generates "Google Cloud Print Communication Error".  Printing and copying functions are fine.  I have restarted both the desktop and the printer to no effect.

Scan function was operating just fine before lunch.

Please advise. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I called right at 10 am Eastern this morning and got to an agent who solved the problem on my imageClass MF 269 dw printer.

Two main steps:

1. Menu
  2. System Management Settings
  3. Google Cloud Print Settings
  4. Enable Google Cloud Print
  5. Off

Then . . .

1. Menu
  2. System Management Settings
  3. Initialize All Data/Settings
  4. Yes
  5. Yes

The downside of part 2 here is that this is a reset of the printer, so you might lose all the data you stored in the printer/fax/etc. When completed, you will have to reset things like the language, time zone, and day/time on the printer. But this additional step was what was required to get the error light to stop blinking.

I hope this helps someone.

Tim

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Patrice
Whiz

Hi rawlmary.

I will need to gather some more information so that I can best assist you.  If you still need assistance with this error, please answer the questions below:

1.  Which operating system is installed on your computer?

2.  Is the Google Chrome web browser open on your computer when you attempt to scan a document?

I look forward to your reply with the information I have requested.  If you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST, for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the exact same problem. "The Google Cloud Print Communication Error" is blinking constantly. I am not trying to scan, it just blinks there non-stop.

I am using Windows 10 (up-to-date).

Where do I access that information on the printer menu?

spiererd
Apprentice

Hi,

I am constantly getting a "google cloud communication error" message before printing. Since I purchased the printer I have had a blinking yellow light on the console. I am only allow to print after I shut off the system and turn it back on. Any help would be approciated. I am working from a Surface 4 Proi5. I also have the same issue from my Mac.

David

Hi there!

We recommend reaching out to our friendly support team for one-on-one troubleshooting. They're available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666). 

Support at Canon USA is always free, and right here in the USA. 

Thank you...I will try that.

David

ONE HOUR WAIT TIME WITH NO OPTION TO BE PUT INTO A CALL BACK QUEUE!!!  Absolutely ridiculous 

mathemsg
Apprentice

Just had this tonight, can't clear it. No idea how it started. Have Google print services on phones, but doesn't explain how this started. Have you found andy emplanation/cure?

Google Cloud Print doesn't work anymore officially. You have to disable it. I've post the instruction in this thread.

I too was getting the amber error light blinking on my MF247dw and error message was Google Cloud Print error.  I used the method above (remote user login to system manager account) to turn off Google Cloud printing since it is no longer available, but I also had to "unregister" to get the error light to disappear.

Announcements