Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye, Canon!

tjhart2010
Apprentice

Dear Canon:

Adios!

In the week that I've owned a new Maxify MB2320, I've already posted three times about trying to use your "Quick Toolbox" utility, in those cases how to scan and save multiple document pages into a single PDF file. I learned that--for whatever reason--the utilities and support associated with this printer are nothing compared to the Navigator utility associated with my old PIXMA MX892, which I used and enjoyed for three years. So, that struggle continues for me; my wife refuses to start a new learning curve, and I don't blame her.

Today, I learned that the MB2320 does not recognize any custom left margin for printing Commercial 10 envelopes created in Microsoft Word 2013--the default left margin is 1.14 inches, period--which, of course, makes printing return addresses impossible, unless you want your envelopes to look like they were designed and printed by a moron.

Apaprently, you've already dismissed this as a "Microsoft" problem:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-word/envelope-printing-problem-u...

None of the workarounds they suggested worked; your MB2320 manuals are silent on the subject; and I can find nothing here that indicates that you've ever answered a question on this topic, so I'm off to return your printer and will seek another brand that isn't in the process of abandoning its customers.

(Glad I haven't recycled the box yet.)

3 REPLIES 3

ga
Apprentice

You've BETRAYED me Canon.  I have had six SOHO Canon printer models and this is the only one that's messed up my envelopes.  And there are many complaints about this on the web, but you folks haven't issued a fix. 

Goodbye, Canon.  Me too.

Hi!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Thanks and have a great day!

There are few things more condescending and obnoxious than answering a complaint with nothing but the stock auto-response of "Thanks for posting on our forum! Have a great day!"

Announcements