Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF634Cdw Error message 255,0,0 when trying to scan

Quimbly
Apprentice

When I try to use the scanner on the printer, I get this error message:

"Error in scanner.

Follow instructions in the online manual.

Scanner driver will be terminated.

Code: 255,0,0 "

Both scanning and printing were working fine, but I have since moved offices and onto a new network.  On the new network, I changed the IP address of the printer settings and printing works.  Scanning gives the above error.  I uninstalled the MF Scan Utiility, downloaded the latest version of the MF Scan Utility, and tried again, but got the same error.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

I haven't reinstalled the printer driver.

What should I do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Quimbly
Apprentice
After installing the main driver and MF scan utility and then reinstalling both, the error went away.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello kQuimbly!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what product you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Quimbly
Apprentice
MF634cdw

Quimbly
Apprentice
Model: MF634cdw

diverhank
Authority

There's an existing thread that may help.  Check this out:

http://www.community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/MF-4890dw-Not-scanning/td-p/53835

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Quimbly
Apprentice
After installing the main driver and MF scan utility and then reinstalling both, the error went away.

For me the only solution that worked was to uninstall any canon  installations I had, then I went back and put in my Printer MF743Cdw and I installed the recommended ones; it was just two downloads.  After install, it worked again like it used to work.  This was weird and random because mine had been working just fine too and all of the sudden I started to get that error and it was very frustrating as I lost an entire day of work trying to resolve this issue.   Best to just uninstall and re install.  Good luck everyone, seems to be a pretty common error based on these forums and feed.  

Jay51
Apprentice

Here's a fix a got from a forum relating to the MF Toolbox.  It worked for the MF Scanner as well.  Best tip I've ever gotten on a forum.  It follows exactly as I received it:

08-19-2015 10:36 PM

This simple fix I found online worked for me:

Start> in the run box type. Services.msc

Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

Right click, select Properties

Check that Startup type is set to Automatic

Click Log On Tab

Check that Local System account , and Allow service to interact with desktop is checked. Hit apply.

Click Recovery...Click on window next to First Failure, Scroll to Restart the Service. Hit apply.

"Click Log On Tab

Check that Local System account , and Allow service to interact with desktop is checked. Hit apply.

Click Recovery...Click on window next to First Failure, Scroll to Restart the Service. Hit apply."

What OS are you running?  I don't see that option under services.msc for windows 7.

I've been using Windows 10 pretty much since Microsoft first rolled it out and I think the Windows 10 installation initially created this problem back in 2015.  Everytime I got an update for a long time, the update would reset the Windows Image Acquisition settings.  So the specific steps in this solution may be particular to Windows 10 but I think checking and fixing the WIA settings should work in Windows 7.  Here is something I found that applies specifically to Windows 7; I don't know if it will work but it seems similar to the one I used for 10:

Follow these steps:

a.       Click on Start, in Search box type “services” without quotes.

b.      Click on the service which is present at the top of the program list.

c.       Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).

d.      Double click on it and click the Dependencies tab

e.      Make sure, all services Windows Image Acquisition depends on, are running

f.        Switch to "Recovery" tab, and change all 3 drop-down boxes to "Restart the Service".

g.       Make sure the 2 Reset boxes underneath say "1" in them.

h.      Click Ok.

Announcements