cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 9923

vasudevan
Apprentice

I get the error - An error occurred while communicating with scanner . (-9932) whenever i try to scan, however printer works. 

System: I use macOS Sierra - 10.12.1 connected on Wifi

Printer: Cannon - MF227 dw

Anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks,

Vasu

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi vasudevan.

I will be able to assist you.

Please verify that the MF227dw is selected for network scanning by following the instructions below:

1. Select [Applications] under [GO].

2. Select [Canon MF Utilities] > [MF Toolbox 4.9].

3. You may receive an error that the scanner is not connected. This is fine.

4. Click [MF Toolbox] next to the Apple icon in the left corner of the screen and select [Network Settings].

5. Select the [MF220 Series], and then click on the [+] symbol and select [Add].

Next, quit the MF Toolbox, and then open it back up.  Once the program is open, please scan a document and verify if you still receive an error.

If you still continue to experience an error, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Irish_Jeff
Apprentice

I have a Macpro and G4410 printer / scanner. Printer worked fine but scanner didn't. 

I tired all the network fixes - system preferences ivp6 auto , manual etc but nothing worked.

Eventually I ran Applications -> Canon Utilities -> IJ Network Device Setup Utility

It turns out I had a very poor signal from the wifi router (<18%) to the printer, so I repositioned the printer in the room, reran the utility and voila over 59% signal strength !  So clearly the scanner needs a wifi stronger signal than the printer.  I don't think I've seen this mentioned anywhere before.

good luck 

Irish_Jeff

Announcements