Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Driver installation gives invalid IP address error

I have a Canon MF244dw printer. I am trying to install the driver I downloaded from the canon web site I get an error when I try to install from network connection.

mf driver error.PNG

I am running Windows 10. Thanks in advance for any help.

Product Expert

Re: Driver installation gives invalid IP address error

Hi ptn68lax 

Based on the specfic issue described, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Re: Driver installation gives invalid IP address error

Thanks for the reply James, allbeit a little late. I contacted Canon customer support and was on the phone with them for 45 miutes. They walked me through re-setting up the printer (something I had done countless times prior to calling), only to have them tell me that it was an issue on my end with the computer/network. I completly disagreed, I hookup my one year old canon printer that I replaced and had no issues. I ended up sending the printer back to Amazon, wich is a whole other story. 

I bought a Brother printer and had it unpacked and running with no issues in 20 minutes. 

Needless to say both Canon and Amazon lost my business because of this printer. And I have been buying Canon printers for over 20 years.