cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF8280Cw: Network Scanning to a 10.9 or 10.10 Mac

JoeCarl
Apprentice

Just set up a Color imageCLASS MF8280Cw on our network. Macs (running both 10.9.5 and 10.10 with the ScanGear 2.3.0 driver released on 10/17 installed) can see and be seen by the device, but scanning always fails, with various errors:

• from the scanner itself to registered computer: Processing light flashes for about a minute, then "An error occurred."

• from Image Capture: Select device in Network list, "Overview Scan" goes for about five seconds, then a dialog box appears with Error code: 2100010

• from the Scan tab on the printer's queue: 2100010

• from the Scanner after adding it in separately in Print & Scan in System Preferences: 2100010

• from MF Toolbox and ScanGear MF: you guessed it: Error code: 2100010

Googling "Error code: 2100010" turns up lots of frustrated Mac users, but no solutons. Our MG5420 on the same network performs like a champ.

Any suggestions, folks?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi JoeCarl.

Please follow the instructions below to verify that the MF8280Cw is selected under the network settings of the MF Toolbox program:

1.  Select [Applications] under [GO].

2.  Select [Canon MF Utilities] > [MF Toolbox 4.9].
3.  You may receive an error that the scanner is not connected.  This is fine.
4.  Click [MF Toolbox] next to the Apple icon in the left corner of the screen and select [Network Settings].
5.  Select the [MF8200C Series], and then click on the [+] symbol and select [Add].

6.  Quit the MF Toolbox program.

Next, follow the instructions below to perform a scan and verify if you experience the same error:

1.  Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer. 
2.  Place the documents in the feeder and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.
3.  Highlight [Remote Scanner] and press [OK].  The screen will show, "Remote Scanner. Waiting online...".
4.  On the computer, open [Applications] > [Canon MF Utilities] > [Canon MF Toolbox].
5.  Select [PDF].
6.  Change the source from [Platen Glass] to [Feeder] or [Auto].
7.  Click [OK].
8.  Click [Scanner] at the top of the desktop screen and select the [MF8200C Series].
9.  Select [PDF].
10.  Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window.  The machine will start processing the scan.

If the error persists, I recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrice, Hi. Thanks a million, you solved my iSensys MF8580Cdw problem with OS X Yosemite. It worked just fine for the 8500 series. You rule, man!

Do I have to do this every time I want to scan?  It did work for me but it seems like a cumbersome process,

Thanks,

Cameron

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements