cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Toner Use - MF753Cdw

Printer123456
Contributor

Hi.  I got my new printer yesterday (MF753) and it is already showing 90% remaining on the color cartridges.  I have printed very little color, but I did make about 150 copies that were "color" even though the majority were black and white.  does the color toner really get used up that quickly if most of the pages are B&W?  what about if i print in color and it's very minimal, it's almost like the printer was using color toner to print black and white, instead of the B&W cartridge.  hopefully this make sense to someone.

9 REPLIES 9

Printer123456
Contributor

Also, does the toner percentage remaining calculated as individual ink colors or does it just reduce the capacity by a percentage for each page printed regardless of the color used?

Printer123456
Contributor

Here is an example of what I mean.Printer123456_0-1704993545840.png

Printer123456
Contributor

Printer123456_0-1704994691515.png

Thanks for joining the conversation, Printer123456!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

One thing worth noting.  Page yield also depends on the percentage of ink coverage.  So if page yield is rated at 2500 pages with 3% coverage and your prints are 5%, the number of pages you get (yield) will be lower.  Not sure if this applies in your situation or not.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yeah that does make sense i just thought it was odd that the percentages went down equally at the same time.

I have the same printer and am getting the same results. I've only printed one color photo and roughly 100 b/w pages. My b/w cartridge is still at 100%. However, the color cartridges all are at 90%. Something wonky's going on.

Printer123456
Contributor

Has anyone else experienced the same?  Is it a firmware update?  Anyone from Canon that can weigh in?

Printer123456
Contributor

Anyone from canon have an opinion?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements