cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color ImageCLASS MF8450c giving error E000194

ryacanon
Apprentice

Hi all, my printer is giving the error message: "Turn the main power on the right side of the machine OFF and ON. If the problem still persists, contact your service rep. with the following error code. E000194"

If I leave the printer off and then turn it on it will usually print whatever job is sent and then within a few minutes of that being complete it will throw this error.

I did recently replace the toner cartridges, but otherwise nothing has happened. with it. There was a leadup period of I believe about two or three weeks where the error would occur less frequently.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to provide 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

James_C

Hi ryacanon,

The unit may just need to be reset in order to resolve this error.  Please unplug the power to the unit for a few minutes then plug it back in and power back on the unit again.  Additionally, try plugging the unit directly into the wall outlet as opposed to a surge protector or power strip.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi ,

that does not help. After restarting (even with disruption of power) I can ONCE print all queued jobs. Once alle jobs are printed, the "cleaning" or whatever starts, resulting in the above mentioned problem.

Means, it is possible to print a few pages until the printer has to be manually restartet. What does this error exactly mean? How to resolve the issue?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA! 

If the above troubleshooting doesn't resolve your issue, you'll need to speak with technical support. If you're in the USA, you'll call 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during the week from 10am to 10pm (Eastern). Outside of the USA, CLICK HERE to reach your country for support options. 

After recieiving the same error message, we have tried turning on and off the printer, plugging it into the wall outlet, and are still having no luck. Is there anything else we can do to get rid of the message? We have checked for jams and it does not have one and also it is not overheated as it has been turned off for the past few days.

Hello allisoncarp,

The error message you are receiving means a hardware error has occurred. To ensure we are on the same page, and restore your Color imageCLASS MF8450c to working as designed, I suggest you reset the printer.  By resetting the printer's power, the print buffer is cleared and certain sensors are reset.  Follow these steps to reset the printer:

1.  Turn the printer off with the Power button.

2.  Disconnect the data cable from the printer.

3.  Unplug the printer's power cord for at least 20 minutes, and then plug it back in. This provides enough time for any stored voltage to dissipate to ground.

Note: If the power cord is plugged into a surge protector, it may be necessary (for testing purposes) to plug the cord directly into the wall outlet if possible.

4.  Reconnect the data cable to the printer.

5.  Turn the printer back on.

6.  Retry the operation.

If the error persists, you have completed the steps that should restore your MF8450c to working as it used to.  Unfortunately, your MF8450c will require service.  To get you back up an running as soon as possible, you may participate in our Canon Upgrade Program.  This program allows you to replace your current model with a new model of equal or greater functionality at a reduced price.  The replacement is shipped FedEx Ground and our sales agents can assist you with pricing and availability.  If you are interested in our Canon Upgrade Program, please call (866) 207-9571, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements