cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF8580 and MF720 Not Feeding

PrinterGirl
Apprentice

Hi All,
My Canon MF8580 started giving me problems last year and the technician here couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. I decided to leave it alone and buy another canon (Seeing that I had ink left) but a more updated version...the MF720. Now both printers is giving me the exact same issue. The Cassette pick up roller (the roller that is responsible for picking up the paper from the tray) is not retracting back to its normal position. It's locking in a position thats unable to pick up paper (the end of the roller). I have notice if i manually retract the roller back into place it will print 1 sheet but everything after that will result in a paper jam but the paper doesnt go past the roller. PLEASE HELP! 2 PRINTERS AND NONE WORKS

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi PrinterGirl,

I understand you are receiving a paper jam error when printing a second page from the imageCLASS MF720 series.

I recommend switching the Paper Feed Method to <Speed Priority> to resolve the issue. 

<Menu>  <Common Settings>  <Switch Paper Feed Method>  Select the paper source  Select <Speed Priority> or <Print Side Priority> 

Attempt to print with the Speed Priority setting.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements