juliusc2
Apprentice

When I turn on the printer I get the Error Code E744-6000

Canon Printer Error.jpg

looking at the following website:

http://copier-repair-parts.com/2017/05/06/imageclass-mf5950dw-e744-6000/

Solutions :
1. Turn OFF and then ON the main power.
2. Check the connection of the Wireless LAN.
3. Install the set of the controller firmware.
4. Replace the Main Controller PCB.

This error just occurred, I think it may be the PCB.

Is there a Repair Manual to instruct me on how to replace the Main Controller PCB along with a part number?

6 REPLIES 6

James_C

Hi juliusc2  

The E744-6000 error code means there is an error with the the Wi-Fi module.  If you have not already done so, I recommend you reset your unit using the steps below.  By resetting the printer's power, the print buffer is cleared and certain sensors are reset. 

1.  Turn the printer off with the Power button.

2.  Unplug the printer's power cord for at least ten minutes, and then plug it back in.

Note: If the power cord is plugged into a surge protector, it may be necessary (for testing purposes) to plug the cord directly into the wall outlet if possible.

2.  Turn the printer back on.

3.  Retry the operation.

If the error persists, you have completed all of the steps that could clear the error.  Your unit will require service.

If the issue continues, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply.

I realize that this printer is discontinued, but I would like to see if I could repair it.

I attempted your fix some time ago with no success.

I would like to attempt replacing the board.

Could you provide me with the repair manual as well as a part number?

I happen to be an Electrical Engineer and would like to attempt the repair myself. (Assuming I can find the board)

=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--

looking at the following website:

http://copier-repair-parts.com/2017/05/06/imageclass-mf5950dw-e744-6000/

Solutions :
1. Turn OFF and then ON the main power.
2. Check the connection of the Wireless LAN.
3. Install the set of the controller firmware.
4. Replace the Main Controller PCB.

This error just occurred, I think it may be the PCB.

Is there a Repair Manual to instruct me on how to replace the Main Controller PCB along with a part number?

Hi!

We don't recommend do-it-yourself repairs, nor do we have service manuals or instructions available. We'd recommend reaching out to our support team through the previous link to look into your options from here.

divingengineer
Apprentice

I was getting this message almost daily. I would do two things before resorting to a service call:

1. Reserve the printer IP in your network router.

2. Go to Menu>Preferences>Network (enter login info)> Wireless LAN> turn Low Power Mode setting to 'off ' . 

Once I turned the low power setting to off it quit giving me the error. 

Unfortunately, this didn't solve the issue for me. It's really unfortunate, as I just dropped $307 on toner cartridges. I'm keeping the printer off and just turning it on when I need to print, hoping I can keep it limping along until I use up the toner. 

Hello Motocoder,

This issue would point to a problem with the wifi module and it will usually mean the the printer needs service. There is a small chance that it could be caused by the amount of power the printer receives. You can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on. If possible, plug the printer directly into the wall.

If that doe not resolve the issue, it would mean there is something wrong with the hardware.

Announcements