cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF8280; changed cartridges, now printing pretty colored bars; I have rebooted everything

jreilers
Apprentice

Canon MF8280; changed cartridges, now printing pretty colored bars; I have rebooted everything, symptoms remain. I had previously changed 2 other cartridges without issue

2 REPLIES 2

jreilers
Apprentice

While I see no spilled toner, and the stripes are very uniform...not streaks.....the more pages I put through the printer, the fewer pages have the stripes. I am not thrilled, but eventually after using a bunch of paper and toner it looks like I'll be OK. I am a hundred pages in now, and only every 6th or 7th page has stripes....it was all of them before

Hi jreilers.

When changing toner cartridges, it is recommended that you perform the quick gradation adjustment.  This setting will adjust the gradation of colors, based on the information that was acquired when you performed the initial full adjustment.  Please follow the instructions below to perform the quick adjustment:

1. Press [ ]. 

2. Use [ ] / [ ] to select <Adjustment/Maintenance>, and press [ ]. 

3. Select <Auto Adjust Gradation>

<Quick Adjust>. 

4. press [ ]. 

• Adjustment starts. In approximately 1 to 2 minutes, the adjustment is finished. 

b_dis422.gif

5. Press [ ] to close the menu screen. 

NOTE
You can perform adjustment automatically when the power is turned ON.

If the issue persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements