cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF4890 Drivers Won't Install On Mac Running Mavericks

bonnieboop
Apprentice

I just purchased an MF4890.  I use a Macbook Pro running Mavericks.  The disk that came with the printer doesn't support Mavericks and when I download the drivers from the Canon website, they won't install.  If I keep the driver image on my Mac desktop, the printer will print for a time -- but then it no longer sees the printer.  This isn't normal.  I should be able to eject the disk image (as in every other application), and the app/drivers should be installed on my mac.  When I as much as created a folder on my desktop and moved the disk images into the folder (print/fax/scan), the mac no longer sees the printer (wireless).

Help!  Does this printer support Mavericks?

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi BonnieBoop.

The imageCLASS MF4890dw does support printing on the OS X Mavericks operating system.  You should be able to open on the Mac_MF_Ver1010_00.dmg file and run the installer package.  The icon looks like an open brown box.  Next just follow the steps to install the driver.

If you are not able to see this information or if the setup does not allow you to save the information, we recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and a live technical support representative will be glad to assist you.

Have a good day.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements