cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF4770n scanner not working on Windows 10 x64

shyam09
Apprentice

The printer works fine without any trouble, but Toolbox (to scan documents) isn't working. It doesn't detect the scanner. Is there an update for this printer to support windows 10 soon? Or is there another way I can go about doing this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The drivers have been updated for WIndows 10. Scanner works perfectly over network. 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Please take a look at our new Service Notice on the availability of a patch to address an issue that prevents certain imageCLASS models from scanning as a result of updating to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10.

Windows Scanning Update for imageCLASS:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Announcements/Important-Windows-Scanning-Update-for-imageCLASS/m-p...

tarushmona
Apprentice

The best answer is to use the "Windows Scan" app. YOU can download it from windoes store for free. I had similar problem but this is the best available soluton. Just tried and it worked good.

SterBri
Apprentice

I followed all the tips in this thread to no avail - Finally I found the way to do a Factory Reset using the service menu  (Menu 2 8 Menu) copier and folowed the prompts for a full reset then uninstalled all drives and software and reinstalled them from the support web site and FINALLY MF Toolbox and scan work correctly for me again!

Resetting the Printer did not work for me on a printer that would not scan to 2 PC's. (The PC got an error that a scanner was not found) What did work was to set BOTH the Canon Network Scan Utility AND the Canon ToolBox to run in Administrator Mode:

In Windows 10 Scroll to Canon; Right Click on Canon MF Network Scan Utility; Under "More" Click "Open File Location"; Right Click on the Canon MF Network Scan Utility Shortcut; Click on "Properties"; Under Compatibility Tab, Check "Run this program as an administrator" at the bottom; Click Apply; Under Shortcut Tab, Click Advanced; Check Run as administrator, Click OK; Click OK to Accept Changes. You may get a Windows Box saying you have to be an Administrator (which you will have to be) say yes.

Do the Same sequence to set Administrator privilages (in two places) on the Canon Toolbox shortcut as well.

Thats it, Turn Off / On the Printer and Reboot the PC. This Works.

Somewhat old post, but thanks to CWL; have been working on this problem for 2 days untill I read your post - again thanks, it solved my problem. 

Announcements