cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Laser imageCLASS MF4890dw shows paper jam unable to solve

Guan
Apprentice

I tried to scan a document from platen glass today, but an error occured: paper jam, on the screen it shows open feeder and remove jammed paper, but I did not use the ADF, the error occur every time I turn he printer on, from Canon MF tool box, I can see a code: 130,0,0

How to solve the problem? I cannot use the printer at all no matter print or copy or scan.

1 REPLY 1

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi, Guan,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing.  If a paper jam error does not occur when making a copy in the same way, the issue would be isolated to scanning and the procedure used to perform the scan.  

If the paper jam error occurs when powering on your laser product and the startup mode by default is 'Scan', try changing it to 'Fax'.  Then repower your unit to see if the jam error reoccurs.

Often the numbered code provided can be triggered when attempting to scan with the MF Toolbox if the applicable scan mode has not been selected.  In this case, the scan mode is 'Remote Scanner'.  To help resolve the issue, you can access the FAQ Knowledge Base Article: Scanning Documents on the product page for your product.  Here is a direct link.

Once reaching the site, you can enter the Article name in the "Search" box to access the information.

However, if the issue also occurs when making copies, whether the ADF is being used or the platen glass, please check the ADF area for any residue or foreign matter that may have inadvertently fallen into the feeder.  To review the check and cleaning procedures, feel free to click here to access the Article: If <Paper jam.> Appears.

If these steps do not resolve or address the issue you are experiencing, please Contact Us and our technical support agents will gladly assist you in narrowing down the cause of the issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements