cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IJ Driver Installer Has Stopped Working.

jsm1963
Contributor

Trying to install the PIXMA MX922 on my Windows 10 Pro 64bit computer.  Disabled Kaspersky and Malwarebytes.  Whenever I try to install mp68-win-mx920-1_00-ejs.exe a window pops up that says Canon IJ Driver Installer Has Stopped Working.

I've already worked with Canon tech.  I've done a clean install of all the software and even tried Run as Administrator.  It still won't install.  The rest of the software installs fine.  I'm able to print.  Just no scanner.

I was able to install the printer onto my Windows 7 Pro 32bit computer last night, so I'm relieved that the printer is working properly.

Anybody have any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14

skyfox99
Apprentice

I am having the exact same issue on a MX 922 with Win 10 pro x64. It was/is working just fine on non win 10 pro machines. This is clean install of Windows. Disabled all security programs and nothing will allow the driver software to be installed. It seems to crash when it attempts to install the fax driver. It will install the printer driver and WIndows will install the fax driver, but it will not install the scan driver. 

I was able to manually install all drivers, except for the scan driver. When I go to install the scan driver manually it says that the driver is not compatible with my system due to it not being an x64 compatible driver. Looks like the scan driver is not correctly signed for x64 UEFI Secure Boot systems. 

skyfox99
Apprentice

I was able to work around the auto install utitlity (mp68-win-mx920-1_00-ejs.exe).

Here's what I did:

Confirm that you have the Printer and Fax drivers installed. 

Capture.PNG

I was able to get it to work using Windows' generic scanner driver, but had to install the Scanner Network Tool manually to work with the printer since the driver is not compatible. I did have the imaging device show up in Device Manager, but with a generic driver.

Capture.PNG

On the driver package download you get from Cannon's website (mp68-win-mx920-1_00-ejs.exe). Change the file extension from ".exe" to ".zip" so you can access file contents (you might have to enable this in folder view options if it doesn't show the file extension, so web search enable file name extension and it should walk you through it)

Capture.PNG will be changed to  Capture.PNG

confirm you want to change the file type, you can always change it back.

Decompress the contents.

Inside the decrompessed folder you will open the root folder to get the contents

Capture.PNG

You will have to execute the scanner tools manually. The Cannon Driver isn't compatible with Win 10 Pro x64 UEFI Secure Boot. Cannon will have to fix that.

I don't know if order makes a difference, but if you get an error that states another driver isn't installed (I did just can't remember which step) just move on to the next and come back to it.

From the root folder

Locate and open folder "LANUTIL"

Locate and open folder "NWTOOL"

Execute "SETUP.exe"

Return to root folder

Locate and open folder "LANUTIL"

Locate and open folder "SELECTOR"

Execute "SETUP.exe"

Return to root folder

Locate and open folder "SCNUTIL"

Locate and open folder "ScanUtility"

Execute SETUP.exe

Return to root folder

Locate and open folder "SCNUTIL"

Locate and open folder "Twain"

Execute "SETUP64.exe"

Reboot computer (not sure if necessary just old habit)

You should now see a program called Cannon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX (in apps and in task bar on bottom right of screen).

If you open this up and it recognizes an IP address for your printer, you are good to go. I was able to scan from the scanner (starting at the scanner).

Capture.PNG

Best I can think of until Cannon fixes the driver. But I scan alot and needed it to work without reinstalling Win 8.1 Pro x64/

Help this helps.

Hello.

If anyone is still having troubles with this issue, please try the following:

1. From the Start menu, click Settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners.

2. Towards the bottom of the Printers & Scanners area, turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.

3. Once this has been done, reinstall the drivers again.

You may also have to delete any extra icons of the printer in the Printers & Scanners menu.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Solved by turning off the option

It works ! Thank you

THANK SO Much - I was unable to solve this using Canon Phone Support in My country!
You made my day!
Do we need to leave this setting off permanently?

thanks a lot, this solution worked for me. my computer was restarting all the time, but after i did this fix, it completed the installation successfully,

jsm1963
Contributor

Thanks for all the responses.  I did end up getting them installed.  Not sure what solved the problem though.  I had all the other software and XPS drivers installed and stopped working on the problem until I heard from Dell.  I was also getting an error after the most recent install when I tried to open the online manual under canon utilities.  In an effort to solve that problem I decided to reinstall the software.  In that process I also decied to try the MP drivers again.  For whatever reason they installed this time.  Maybe having the XPS drivers, or software, installed beforehand made the difference.  I never got the online manual installed though.  I'm okay with that for the time benig.

Announcements