cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon D480 Windows 8.1 System Crash

echostorm
Apprentice

The Canon D480 Windows 8.1 x64 drivers are not compatible with Windows 8.1 and cause blue screens which manifest as system hangs during the startup process.  This is usually just as I am logging in, mid-password, or sometimes after hitting control-alt-delete, and resolves if the drivers are not loaded with safe mode.

After spending months troubleshoot graphic card drivers, ethernet drivers, reviewing system logs, and finally replacing my system drive with a new SSD (good excuse), I incrementally reinstalled things back to a new install of Windows 8.1 just to find the same system hangs were occuring after installing the D480 MF drivers.  The Pixma MG6320 and Pixma Pro-100 are just fine.

Surely I can't be the only one with this?  Canon, please look into this... all my laser printing is now from my Windows 7 computer

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi echostorm.

I know this issue is frustrating, however, there are no known issues with the D480 drivers for Windows 8.1 (x64).   Since you have taken numerous troubleshooting steps and the issue remains, I recommend that you contact our telephone technical support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

While I understand that the forum may be your preferred method of communication, the real-time feedback provided by the telephone representative would be more beneficial in this case.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements