cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon - Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw SCAN TO COMPUTER

etp
Enthusiast

I need to find out how to scan direct to a folder on my computer when connected by USB. Microsoft Win/FAX seems to work fine but I would like to scan direct from the 733 to a designated folder. I get a generic error message after a time out.

Win 10 64 bit.

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

etp
Enthusiast

Ok, reloaded all the software from the disk and that fixed the scan issue. Online software did not work.

Now how do you change the destination folder?

View solution in original post

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello etp,

When you scan using the buttons on the operation panel of your Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw, by default, the scanned data is saved to your "Documents" folder.  A subfolder named with the scanning date is created, and the data is saved to that folder.  If you want to direct where the scanned data is saved on your computer, you will need to make this change using the MF Scan Utility.

Please follow these steps to change where the scanned data is saved when using the printer's operation panel to scan:

1.  On the Windows desktop, double-click MF Scan Utility to open it.

Note: You can also open the MF Scan Utility by clicking [Start] on the Windows task bar, [All Apps], [Canon], [MF Scan Utility].

2.  Click on "Settings..." (in the bottom right corner).  The Settings dialog window opens.

3.  Click on the Scanner tab ( icon with a picture of a scanner with an arrow pointing down).

4.  Click on one of the scanning buttons (i.e. "Color Scan", "B&W Scan", etc.).

5.  In the "Save Settings" section, click on the down arrow for "Save in" then choose your location or "Add" to browse to a different location to add.

6.  Click "OK".

Now when you scan using your printer's operation panel, the scanned data will be saved to the location you have pre-selected.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello etp,

Since you are no longer able to scan with the MF Scan Utility after Microsoft performed an update, I suggest you uninstall the current drivers and MF Scan Utility scanning software then download and reinstall the drivers and updated MF Scan Utility from our web site to resolve your issue.  Since there is limiation on characters in the forum, click HERE to view the steps to uninstall and resinstall from our web site (disregard the section about the Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan, this is for other models).

Also, to scan double sided, you would check the box "Scan both sides when scanning from the feeder" in Scan options of the MF Scan Utility.  Click HERE for an example.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That worked, many thanks!

I did not need to reinstall software as it magically started working after using MS SCAN?FAX.

etp
Enthusiast

New FW seemed to have fixed it.

17 REPLIES 17

Scanner not working again in Windows. Trying to install master software package and I get a cannot connect message. However it works fine except for the scan from windows.  Redoing FW at this time.

etp
Enthusiast

New FW seemed to have fixed it.

run75441
Apprentice

Hello:

When I load documents into the top scanner/printer feeder on the top pf the MF733Cdw printer scanner, I get an error message after 10 or 20 seconds after using the touch screen.  If I try again, it will say not connected to the computer. If I lift the top lid an place a page on the screen, I can scan singular pages. It does not appear the printer is recognizing pages to scan from the feeder although it will print from that feeder.

Thank you.

Regards,

Bill

Hi run75441.

I need to ask a few questions so that we can best assist you. Please answer the questions below:

1. Please open the IJ Scan Utility on the computer, and then select [Settings]. Next, select [Document Scan] in the left column. is the [Scanning Method] set for [Auto Mode] or [Platen]?

2. Does this error occur if you start the scan from the computer using the IJ Scan Utility?

3. Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?

4. Are you able to make a copy from the document feeder?

I look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Patrice:

1. Set for Auto.

2. No, it occurs when I use the touch screen on the scanner / copier. For some reason the upper feeder does not detect multiple copies in it and error messages it when I touch start.

3. Windows 10.

Regards,

Bill

Thank you for your response.

It does appear that there may be an issue with the document feeder. Please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.

Hi again:

The printer scanner I have is a Color Image Class  MF733Cdw. I did get the scanner to work again; but I lost the ability to print. The message I am getting i "Error Printing Canon MF733Cdw UFRII in error state.

Since I got this printer I have not replaced the ink cartrdges and have not printed much on it. I was thinking these might only be demo cartrdiges? 

Can you help please?

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill.

If there is no error on the display screen of the printer, please uninstall and reinstall the drivers by following the steps below:

NOTE: If the printer is connected via a USB cable, disconnect the cable until the setup program indicates to reconnect the printer to the computer.

1. Open Control Panel > Devices and Printers.

2. Right-click on the icons for the MF730C Series, and then select See What's Printing. If there are any documents in the queue, please delete them.

3. Right-click on the MF730C Series icons and select Remove Device. Remove all icons for this printer.

4. Return to Control Panel, and then select Programs & Features > Uninstall a Program.

5. Select the MF730C Series Driver, and then click Uninstall. Follow the prompts to uninstall the files.

6. Restart the computer.

Once the computer has restarted, please click this link to download and reinstall the drivers:

MF731CMFDriverV5401W64usEN.exe

If the error persists, after the drivers have been reinstalled, please call our telephone support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Announcements