cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install MF628C to scan over WIFI

jwiseman07
Apprentice

When trying to install MF drivers for network connection, install fails with "You do not have sufficient privileges to install program".    My login for this work computer has administrator priviledge.   I have tried "Run as Administrator" for the set-up program.

I cannot install printer using standard Windows 10 "Add Printer".   I am not able to add the scanner drivers.

Is there any workarounds to get the scanner working through WIFI?

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi jwiseman07 

There could be a policy restriction in place for that user. It appears it may a setting in the user account that is causing this issue.  You may need to check with your company's IT department or Microsoft.  We would not have information on changing restrictions for user accounts. 

If you create a new user account are you able to install on there?

To create a new account, please follow these steps:

1.  Log in to your computer with your normal account.

2.  Click on the Start menu, click PC Settings, Users and accounts, Other users, and then click on the Add a user button.

3.  Click on the option Sign in without a Microsoft account. Ignore the (not recommended) box.

4.  Click on the Local account button.

5.  In the User Name field, enter "Admin".

6.  In the Password field, enter a strong password.

7.  In the Reenter Password field, repeat your password.

8.  In the Password Hint field, enter a hint.

9.  Click the Finish button to create the new account.

10.  To make this new user an administrator account, select new account, and then click on the Edit button.

11.  In the Edit User window, click on the drop down menu, and then select the Administrator option.

12.  Click the OK button to save the changes to this account.

13.  Click the X in the upper right corner to close the User and accounts window.

Reboot the computer and then log in as the new user just created.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements