cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON 6100 PRINTER

cherylean
Apprentice

Hello,

My canon 6100 printer is making a grinding noise when I turn it on. I checked for paper jams and didn't find any.  Ordered a new toner and that still didn't solve the problem.  I tried to print but will only print if I force the paper through the feeder. Has anyone else had this problem.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, cherylean!

Thanks for posting!  Canon USA has introduced two different laser printers in the 6100 series, specifically the imageCLASS MF6160dw and the imageCLASS MF6180dw.  It would help us to know which one you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry, it's actually a Canon imageCLASS LBP6000 Mono Laser Printer.  First I turn the printer on and the grinding sound erupts for about a minute and then stops; however, it repeats after a minute or so.  I would add paper to the tray but the feeder doesn't grab the paper.  I notice if I want to print something (with the noise still grinding) I would tilt the printer and guide the paper through the feeder and then it will print.

Announcements