Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Black vertical line on scans

I followed your instructions. Still getting line. There is a tiny little black spec on the top white portion that sits on the glass when closed. Could that be it. I tried glass cleaner. It would not come out. 

New Contributor

That worked for me! Thanks.

New Contributor

I just started to have this issue.  I have run the "fix/clean" twice and no black ink on the paper.  I cleaned the rollers but still the black solid lines.......  HELP.  Thank you

[ Edited ]

Hi, 1985slh!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

You can also use the following link to browse our library of user manuals by clicking HERE.

Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

I can't see your scanner, but scanners have to be perfectly clean or else you will see some line if there's anything resting on the glass where the scanner moves.