cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black vertical line on scans

MrsPhilli
Apprentice

I have an ImageClass mf4370dn and it suddenly has a black vertical line that is printing when I scan a document. It does not show up when I copy it. How do I repair the equipment? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bingo! Abosolutly right. Glass LOOKED clean but it wasn't. As I slowly passed my finger on the glass I could feel  something. I took a credit card edge and removed what ever it was. Wiped with a clean soft cloth and problem solved. No more lines. To be clear, this was on the small strip of glass in front of the big glass bed. Thank you.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44

Great instructions. worked like a charm!

1985slh
Apprentice

I just started to have this issue.  I have run the "fix/clean" twice and no black ink on the paper.  I cleaned the rollers but still the black solid lines.......  HELP.  Thank you

Hi, 1985slh!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

You can also use the following link to browse our library of user manuals by clicking HERE.

Thanks!

I can't see your scanner, but scanners have to be perfectly clean or else you will see some line if there's anything resting on the glass where the scanner moves.

neilbinder
Apprentice

I have an Canon Imagerunner 3035. It suddenly has been showing thick vertical lines. It also notce that it has a greater tendency to do paper jams and seem to be running hot. 

I disconneted the machine however, I am concerned that reconnecting is not going to be enough. What do you recommend? 

Neil Binder

DBRS
Apprentice

New to this so not sure if I'm posting correctly.

I have an Pixma MX926 when I scan a document via the ADF a black vertical line has suddenly appeared… I have done all the usual clean, deep clean and platen glass clean.

In other posts...Not sure how the credit card is being used or where

Would appreciate any advice on what else to do…Thanks

DBRS

I have an MX922 so I hope it is similar to yours-

Photo 1 the tiny glass strip to the left of the platen glass- clean that and the black guide above it ( to the left of it).

Canon 1

Photo 2 the bottom inside of the lid, clean all of the black and white guides

Canon 2

Hope that helps!

DBRS
Apprentice
Thank you for extra information it has.
Finally got the spot causing the issue .
Many thanks for your help

DBRS
Apprentice
Just had to come back and thank you again.
It seems retail store staff have no idea ...a neighbour of mine had same issue ... different brand... had store replace with new only to find new one had same issue... your advice fixed their problem also.
Thank you again

Glad it helped both of you. Have a pleasant day.

Announcements