cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8280 cw won't print envelopes

tchen1019
Apprentice

I really need this printer to print envelopes...

I tried size 6 and size 10...both to no avail.  I've changed the tray size to match the envelope size even though that's even a ridiculous step to take.

If the canon support can't help with this issue, I will buy a different brand to deal with my printing needs.

2 REPLIES 2

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello tchen1019,

Your MF8280Cw supports printing on Com 10, Monarch, C5, and DL size envelopes.  So that I have a better picture of your situation, could you answer a few questions?

(1) What size envelope are you trying to print?

(2) Are you loading the envelope in the Manual Feed Slot or the Paper Drawer?

(3) Is there an error message appearing on you computer or printer when attempting to print the envelope? If so, please list the message verbatim.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://Canon.us/EmailCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Size 6 envelopes...

It finally worked...

When I click on "file" and then "print", it doesn't print...however, when I clicked on the "quick print" icon, it printed.

Next issue I'm running into now is repeated jamming...I am using a thinner paper and for some reason it constantly jams now where it didn't before.

Announcements