cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy CP1300 prints too big.

awasbell4
Apprentice

Hi,

Am new to this forum, so I hope I am doing this right!

My new Selphy CP1300 prints the pictures too big.  It ends up cutting of heads and other important things.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi awasbell4,

Are you printing from a mobile device or a computer?

If it is a mobile device, is it iOS or Android?

Are you using the Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY app to print your photos?

If you are using a computer, what version of Windows (or OSX) is installed on your computer?

If using a computer, what application are you using to print your photos?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,

I was printing from my android. 

First I was using the Canon app. Then I used my phone and just added the printer.

I did discover that if I go in and edit the picture and turn it sideways, it will not cut anything off. Of course, the picture is no longer 4 x 6.

What do you think?

A

Hello awasbell4.

From your description, the problem seems to be the formatting of the image and the use of Borderless printing.

When using the Borderless option, the outer edge of the image, referred to as the "bleed," is extended to cover the edges of the paper.  If a target's head is in the bleed, it is likely to be outside of the realistically printable area. 

Make sure the image you're printing has a decent margin outside of what you wish to print to allow for the bleed, use bordered printing, and, if printing from a computer or smartphone, look for a "fit to page" or "reduce size" option to fit the whole image in the printable area.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same problem.  I am printing from an iphone via the Canon App.  I do not see a "fit to page" prompt.  I have tried calling tech support but can't get anyone on the phone.  I am on the verge of just returning the printer. 

rkrbrannan,

If borderless printing is enabled, the image will be extended beyond the normal size of the paper in order to guarantee an edge to edge printout. If you want to retain the entire photo without any extension, please use the bordered option before printing from the Canon PRINT app.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

awasbell4
Apprentice
I will give the bordered print a try. Thanks!

Amandarooo
Apprentice
What are the bleed dimensions? Any nicer printing site will provide you this information so that you can submit appropriately sized images to get what you actually want when you print. I would like to know what the actual bleed dimensions are for the selphy please

Amandarooo
Apprentice
Selphy cp1300, in case it varies by product line

awasbell4
Apprentice
I discovered you should use "with borders" setting.
Announcements