cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

telephoto zoom lens for T4i

snowman1
Contributor

Need to know telephoto zoom lenses compatible with T4i and best recommendation for close, sharp photos of wildlife and nature. Especially interested in birding.

8 REPLIES 8

cicopo
Elite

You'll need to spend to get good results so PLEASE do your homework first. Popular Canon lenses are the 100-400 L IS, 400 f5.6L & 300 f4 L IS plus a 1.4 teleconverter (for times 300 is not enough), Sigma 50-500 OS & 150-500 OS. Next set of popular lenses are mucho $$$$ but get the job done better.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thanks for the info and quick reply

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Get closer. It's cheaper, too!

Your Rebel will accept any lens Canon makes pretty much. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the reply and possible solutions!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Also remember you are getting a "free advantage" of a 1.6 crop factor from your Rebel. I.E. makes a 400mm appear like a 640mm.  (70-200 = 112-320.)

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for all the info and quick reply!

Thanks to all for the comments and recommendations. Purchased a Canon EF 100-400 lense yesterday. Have begun to work with it this morning. Going to take some practice but think I made the right choice with your help. Thanks again.

You made a very good choice. Once you get used to the weight & learn good technique you'll get some very fine memories with it.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements