Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

my 16-35 f 2.8 broke, need suggestions

So I have the 16-35 mark 1, it took a spill this summer. It still works fine, the glass and everything is intact, but the threds to screw filters in got dented in a little. I can still get filters on there, but they don't screw on very well. I contacted Canon about repairing it and they said because it is the mark 1, it is to old to repair. Any suggestions of places to get it repaired?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: my 16-35 f 2.8 broke, need suggestions

I'd suggest you live with it unless/until you can afford a new lens. You'd never be able to sell a lens that's been dropped that hard, even if it weren't an obsolete model. So in effect you'd be throwing good money after bad.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
VIP

Midwest Camera Repair.  Google that.  They will fix it.

A lot less stuff for 2018 but still a lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
New Contributor

thanks for the feedback, that was my thought, but I figured maybe fixing it would lead to making is sellable down the road. Just not in a place to spend a couple grand on a lens right now.
New Contributor

thank you, I will look them up