Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ef-s 18-135 stm wobbles normal?

gtangas
Contributor

Hello friends

first big hello to everyone! 

need some info... i bought a second hand lens 18-135 stm that shows some wooble on the barrel.

extended to the 135mm the barrel woobles a bit and full rectracted at 18mm and i shake the lens i can hear the barrel woobles inside!

can anyone tell me if that is normal on this model?? 

Best regards

11 REPLIES 11

@gtangas wrote:
Update info...
Went to fnac and tried brand new 18-135 stm and the new nano usm version.

The stm shows the same amount of rattle and wobble that the one I have.(mine shows a little more since it's used)

The nano usm is rock solid... different construction... different value too.

The guy from fnac show me 2 lens of the stm version and the two reveals the same behaviour.

So I have to concluded that the small wobble and rattle is ok and a not a problem... annoying at least but ok

Funny is that the 55-250 doesn't wobble... is an smaller barrel and the weights less... and maybe that's the reason for is solid construction

As long as you are comfortable with it then that is what is important. 

gtangas
Contributor
Yeap!

On fnac they have the canon 18-200 and a tamron (a nikon model) and in a more discrete manner the barrel shows some small play.... and that was/is my complaint... I have to admit that I'm a guy that demands a lot from the equipment (I'm Portuguese and we have a funny name for people like me... picuinhas lol ) and I'm not buying an L Lens.... It's not the entry kit lenses but...

Besides this issue the lens shows good pictures and the stab is very nice and in terms of business I payd half the money of a new one.

Definitely a huge upgrade from my old sigma 18-200 non stab

I wish to thank you all for your support and comments

Obrigado
Announcements