Canon Community Canon Community

Respected Contributor

Re: ef-s 18-135 stm woobles normal?

gtangas wrote:
Update info...
Went to fnac and tried brand new 18-135 stm and the new nano usm version.

The stm shows the same amount of rattle and wobble that the one I have.(mine shows a little more since it's used)

The nano usm is rock solid... different construction... different value too.

The guy from fnac show me 2 lens of the stm version and the two reveals the same behaviour.

So I have to concluded that the small wobble and rattle is ok and a not a problem... annoying at least but ok

Funny is that the 55-250 doesn't wobble... is an smaller barrel and the weights less... and maybe that's the reason for is solid construction

As long as you are comfortable with it then that is what is important. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: ef-s 18-135 stm woobles normal?

Yeap!

On fnac they have the canon 18-200 and a tamron (a nikon model) and in a more discrete manner the barrel shows some small play.... and that was/is my complaint... I have to admit that I'm a guy that demands a lot from the equipment (I'm Portuguese and we have a funny name for people like me... picuinhas lol ) and I'm not buying an L Lens.... It's not the entry kit lenses but...

Besides this issue the lens shows good pictures and the stab is very nice and in terms of business I payd half the money of a new one.

Definitely a huge upgrade from my old sigma 18-200 non stab

I wish to thank you all for your support and comments

Obrigado