Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

canon 5D lense

HI

My Canon 60D camer was drowned so I bought recently a 5D MARK II instead. BUt i just found out that some of my 60D lenses cannotbe mounted on the 5D

Is there any adaptor that I could use in order to be able to use those lenses on the 5D or is it a lost case ?

Thanks in advance

Esteemed Contributor

Re: canon 5D lense

mpanol wrote:

HI

My Canon 60D camer was drowned so I bought recently a 5D MARK II instead. BUt i just found out that some of my 60D lenses cannotbe mounted on the 5D

Is there any adaptor that I could use in order to be able to use those lenses on the 5D or is it a lost case ?

Thanks in advance

It's a lost cause. EF-S lenses cannot be mounted on a full-frame camera.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: canon 5D lense

mpanol wrote:

HI

Thanks in advance

Bob is correct.  There are not any such adapters out there to be had.  

Any Canon EF-S lenses will not only fail to mount properly to full frame camera body, even if you could find an adapter, the image circle projected by an EF-S lens is not large enough to completely cover a full frame image sensor.  Any adapter would only give you a circular image, which wouldn't be a fisheye image, either.  Finally, EF-S lenses have internal components that may collide with the mirror inside of a full frame camera body, so you probably wouldn't want an adapter even if you could find one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."