cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not use F22 or iso less than 400 with lens 17-55 , help me ?

srmdnadem
Contributor

I have canon 80d and lens EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, when I need to reduce the F to F22, the light will be very low or dim especially in the video mode, So in this case, I must increase the iso to about 12000 , but the last value would produce the video with very noise. so with my lens, I can not definitely use the value of F22 which is very useful in some case to reduce or get rid of Blur for the background of things, so please recommend me? I Need your help please.

see my video below to understand me completely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIrbgpwLWpQ

also see this following article which is explain why I need to get iso about 400

https://www.exposureguide.com/exposure/ 

[Mod note: Please do not post in bold or a large font. This can be seen as yelling or rude behavior.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@srmdnadem wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

Good.  If you understand the basics, then you will understand my suggestion that you invest in video lights.  Many people use them.

if you have any instruction and values that may use it in my camera and reach to get more thought, I will love it, do you have it, please?

I can offer no recommendations for specific products.  Everyone has different needs.

You should seek the advice of a reputable vendor that sells video gear.  I have had good results with B&H Photo Video in NYC with their advice for photo accessories.  They have experts in various topics related to shooting video.  Most of their online experts work for equipment manufacturers.

You need sufficient light to drop your ISO several stops.  You will likely need more than one to avoid hard shadows.  Do not be alarmed if the recommend four, either.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

@kvbarkley wrote:

Waddizzle: Yeah, I think you are right. ND's are used for the opposite problem, wanting to use a wide aperature for more DOF. My Bad.

OP:

google "lensrentals blog breakdown lighting options" [without the quotes] for an idea of what's available. From there you can search your favorite commerce sites. Posting links like that are not allowed on this board.

are you delet my enquiry about the lights ? which have a link of ebay ?? what is the reason please ?  because I was on the way to delete just the link and put the title of light, and if you do not delete, who is do that ?

Hi srmdnadem,

Your post has been restored. Sometimes, the forum will automatically flag certain messages it thinks are spam, and this appears to be the case here. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused and hope you enjoy using the Canon forums!

@Jason wrote:

Hi srmdnadem,

Your post has been restored. Sometimes, the forum will automatically flag certain messages it thinks are spam, and this appears to be the case here. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused and hope you enjoy using the Canon forums!

I am very thank you Mr.Jason. now I am very happy for that. I appreciate you wholeheartedly 

@Jason wrote:

Hi srmdnadem,

also, I am very happy with this community, all members are very helpful to me and I thank you, members, and all staff who are in charge of this respected community with all parts

thank you for your answer 

This is a common video problem, you need a neutral density filter.

@kvbarkley wrote:

This is a common video problem, you need a neutral density filter.

How would an ND filter help?  There is not enough light.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

He hasn't told us *why* he needs f/22.

@srmdnadem wrote:

[Mod note: Please do not post in bold or a large font. This can be seen as yelling or rude behavior.]

Forgive me for having to point this out, Stephen, but it can also be seen as an indicator that not everybody in this forum has 20/20 vision - and of the fact that a) the forum's default font size is quite small, and b) unless the poster thought to change the "font family", postings do not respond to the browser's "text size" setting. (Do you, by any chance, have enough clout to get that changed?)

I hope to have a cataract operation on my bad eye sometime this winter. But my wife, having already scheduled hers, has first preference. If we have them at the same time, we have no one to drive us around.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi Bob,

Usually, if eyesight is an issue, one would change the overall settings in the OS' accessibility options to compensate for their malady, rather than subject everyone else to what can be seen as a netiquette issue. If all else fails, "Control and +" always does the trick for me when I need to zoom in on something. 

Announcements