cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The compatibility of certain lens with different cameras??

TW
Apprentice

Woman Happy  

Are any of the EF lens or the Cinema lens compatible with any of the EOS cameras such as

the Rebel T3i camera???Woman Wink

What are EF lens and Cinema lens used for when using them with camcorder cameras??? Smiley Sad

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

TW,

The EOS Rebel T3i can be used with any EF and EF-S series Canon lenses.  Also, as long as the cinema lens has an EF lens mount on it, not the PL mount, it should mount to the camera as well.  However, given what the cinema lenses were primarily designed to be used with, as well as the camera you intend to use them on, this may not be the best route to take.  Our cinema lenses are very sharp and precise, but they were designed specifically for use with the Super 35 image sensors in our cinema cameras.  They must also be controlled manually and there are no automatic features available like autofocus.

When you use a regular EF lens on the EOS Rebel T3i, it is a better combination because they were designed to be used together and you still have the option of using autofocus and setting the aperture on the camera.

I hope this information helps.  If you have any further questions, please let us know.  If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements