Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Tamron 18-400mm lens with EOS 6D?

Hi all--

Will this lens work on on Canon 6D? I see it is compatible with Canon and Nikon, but it is an APSC lens, and the camera has a full frame sensor. I am still fairly new to photography and wonder if these two items are compatible? I'm looking for a lense with a wide range like this so I can carry less lenses around. 

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tamron 18-400mm lens with EOS 6D?

[ Edited ]

It will not work correctly through some of it's range. It will look like you have taken photos through a pipe. Also it will very likely prove to have less than ideal image quality with that body. Frankly there isn't a 1 lens solution for you and maybe even 2 lenses won't cover the full range you'd like.

I posted this way back when the forum was relatively new & it will show you what I mean.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Lenses/Using-a-lens-designed-for-crop-bodies-on-full-frame-SAMPLES...

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."