cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about power diaphragm unit for Canon ef 400mm 5.6L

aljabusic
Apprentice

There was a question on replacement of a diaphragm and namely the module in different lenses can be identical? The fact is that the catalog of spare parts for the Canon ef 400mm 5.6L lens, the diaphragm module is indicated under the number YG2-0214 and as not strange the same marking it is specified for EF 300mm 4.0L and for ef 70-200 2.8L. I want to buy and replace it myself, if you know where you can buy at a normal price, including the used condition, please share.

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello aljabusic, 

If you feel comfortable manually repairing the unit yourself, you can order parts from our Jamesburg Parts Order Center. Bear in mind that, due to liability issues, we are unable to provide you instructions on how to conduct repairs. If you purchase a part, you assume the responsibility of replacing it. Also note that spare parts sold through the Parts Order Center do not come supplied with installation or set up instructions.

The best way to obtain a replacement is to contact Canon's parts department. If you contact them at the number and address below you will be presented with appropriate prompts for ordering parts:

Canon Factory Service Center
100 Ridge Road
Jamesburg, NJ 08831

Phone: (866) 481-2569

Business hours: 9 AM to 7 PM (ET) Monday to Friday

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I want to buy and replace it myself, ..."

I would really rethink that.  One thing Tim didn't mention, the parts are not returnable.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements