cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Multi-coated CP (slim) for 10-18

illininutt
Enthusiast

67mm for my Canon 10-18 lens.  One that won't break the bank.  The multi-coated circular polarizer (slim) is what I was told would be best.  Now I need a brand.

5 REPLIES 5

I think most of us who have really good lenses use B&W filters. They're expensive, but of very high quality. These days one doesn't need many filters, and a bad filter can ruin the effectiveness of a good lens. If you take good care of it, and don't adopt the attitude that it's only there to protect the lens from blowing sand, it will last a long time and arguably be worth the money.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

I think most of us who have really good lenses use B&W filters. They're expensive, but of very high quality. These days one doesn't need many filters, and a bad filter can ruin the effectiveness of a good lens. If you take good care of it, and don't adopt the attitude that it's only there to protect the lens from blowing sand, it will last a long time and arguably be worth the money.

I think B+W filters fall somewhere near the middle of the price curve.  There are plenty of filters that cost more, or less, than B+W.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@illininutt wrote:

67mm for my Canon 10-18 lens.  One that won't break the bank.  The multi-coated circular polarizer (slim) is what I was told would be best.  Now I need a brand.

I don't think you necessarily need a slim.  But, you may want to look at B+W brand filters.  Almost as good as Canon filters, I think.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

My CP of choice is the B+W 67mm Circular Polarizer MRC Filter.  It is around $65 bucks.  It is also one of a very few filters I ever use or recommend.  There is also the Kaesemann High Transmission version but I don't know if it is really better.  I think they are around $80 bucks in 67mm.

IMPO, I prefer B+W over Canon filters.  I think they are very much better.  Most filters are obsolete.  The CP, ND and protecto filters are the only remaining ones that have any value.  All but the protecto can be done in PS (if you'er schooled).

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you EBiggs...just ordered exactly what you mentioned!  Thanks for the tip!

Announcements