Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Light Video

DashCamShaft
Apprentice
Hi everyone, beginner here.

I have a 5d mark ii, with one lens so far a Canon 'nifty fifty' 50mm 1.8

I want to try shooting a music video at night time. What lens should I get? Which lenses are best for low light?

Locations will be lit with streetlight, or full moon, or dark country roads with just car headlights.

I buy everything 2nd hand (to avoid depreceation). For this reason I am willing to consider lenses that are out of my budget as I would just sell it on again after a few weeks at hopefully the same price I bought it for.
1 REPLY 1

@DashCamShaft wrote:
Hi everyone, beginner here.

I have a 5d mark ii, with one lens so far a Canon 'nifty fifty' 50mm 1.8

I want to try shooting a music video at night time. What lens should I get? Which lenses are best for low light?

Locations will be lit with streetlight, or full moon, or dark country roads with just car headlights.

I buy everything 2nd hand (to avoid depreceation). For this reason I am willing to consider lenses that are out of my budget as I would just sell it on again after a few weeks at hopefully the same price I bought it for.

I don't think the light sources you describe will be usable for video on that camera, no matter what lens(es) you use. Test it first with still shots at the shutter speed you'll be using.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements