cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lense suggestions

Fdmcgady
Contributor

I own a Canon EOS Rebel T2i - I have a 10-20mm lense and a 28-300mm lense. I was thinking of getting something in the 28-70 range. I was looking for some suggestions.

12 REPLIES 12

Some great info here!

@Fdmcgady wrote:

I probably will not being going to a full-frame camera any time soon. I was looking for something not too expensive. I've seen some Canon 18-135mm zoom lenses.

I agree with the idea of having a wide aperture zoom, or a fast prime in your bag, like the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens.  Make sure you get the "STM" version of the lens.  It is the one with the metal connection to the camera, not black plastic.  In fact, make sure you get STM versions of any Canon EF-S lens, although there are a couple of excellent "USM" exceptions to that rule.  The 50mm f/1.8 STM is a better deal than most photography classes.

If you are looking for a good walking around lens, for capturing photos like a tourist, then the 18-135 lenses that were mentioned are good choices.  Please take note of the fact that "walking around lens" strongly implies walking around outdoors in the sunlight.  Using that lens indoors, will almost require a flash, under most circumstances.

If the Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 is too pricey, then take a look at the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8.  It seems to be on sale at 50% off, clearance prices, at some major online retailers, and I do not mean Amazon r eBay.  Avoid them both when it comes to camera bodies and lenses.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you everyone for the opinins - that is just what I was loking for. I will start doing my homework now.

Announcements