Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Lense recommendation for landscape photography

Hi All,

I plan to purchase a lense to use for landscape photography with my Canon Rebel T6.  Any recommendations for a reasonably priced lense that takes quality landscape photos?  Would appreciatie any recommendations.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Lense recommendation for landscape photography

What lens do you have?

I would look at the EF-S 10-18 or the EF-S 10-22. The prices are indicative of the relative quality.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

kvbarkley wrote:

What lens do you have?

I would look at the EF-S 10-18 or the EF-S 10-22. The prices are indicative of the relative quality.

I agree either the EF-S 10-18 IS STM or the EF-S 10-22.

The EF-S 10-22 could be argued that is has better build quality because it has a metal mount.

However, the EF-S 10-18 IS STM has better image quality and image stabilization.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

"... recommendations for a reasonably priced lense that takes quality landscape photos?"

You can not recommend a lens for any purpose unless you know certain things.  Automatically suggesting a WA or a UWA lens is what you need may not fill the bill.  Any lens will take a picture of a landscape.

Can you be more specific on what you want to shoot?

A lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.