cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in choosing a lens.

Siddharthd13
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I own a Canon 1100D. Recently, my kit lens 18-55mm gave away after close to 4.5 years (mainly due to fungus and a problem with the auto focus). I was then suggested that I should purchase a new lens instead.

Could someone please help in suggesting a new one? Basically I have a 100mm as well as a 70-300 zoom lense so I am looking for something different.

I am looking for something which would be used for potraits as well as landscapes. Please do provide me with a few suggestions

Regards.

Siddharth 

12 REPLIES 12

Alright.

I will do a thorough read up on them to make an informed decision.

Yes, i am looking for a mix of both potrait and landscapes, something on the terms of a wide angle lens as well.

Thanks again for your input.

@Siddharthd13 wrote:

Alright.

I will do a thorough read up on them to make an informed decision.

Yes, i am looking for a mix of both potrait and landscapes, something on the terms of a wide angle lens as well.

Thanks again for your input.

Give the Canon 2 Lens Portrait kit a look.  It includes the EF-S 10-18 STM and the EF 50mm STM lenses.

The EF 35mm f/2 IS USM is a really sharp lens.  It would compliment the above kit very well.  Go for the kit first, though.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Siddharthd13

I would recommend the Sigma 17-50 f/2.8. It's what i have (my first lens) and it has served me very well. But to clairify, I have a Rebel T5i so I'm assuming this lens will work for you.

Hope this helps!

Announcements