cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLZ 📸 4screws NOT found in Canon user manual!

RainProductions
Apprentice
Hey guys!!!! I'm desperately seeking the part # of the 4 screws that go into the silver housing mount ring (of a Canon 70-200 IS 2.8mm) pictured here (if it doesn't show it's the 4 longer screws--pic not to scale I don't think):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ne1q1t04gv5fe80/Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%2012%2018%2038%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Any takers? No one seems to know this online! I've searched nearly everywhere!
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@RainProductions wrote:
Hey guys!!!! I'm desperately seeking the part # of the 4 screws that go into the silver housing mount ring (of a Canon 70-200 IS 2.8mm) pictured here (if it doesn't show it's the 4 longer screws--pic not to scale I don't think):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ne1q1t04gv5fe80/Photo%20Oct%2024%2C%2012%2018%2038%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Any takers? No one seems to know this online! I've searched nearly everywhere!

If you are in the US, then try a place like Grainger.  They stock every size imaginable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

This is from the "II" manual, but likely the same.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

2017-10-24.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"No one seems to know this online! I've searched nearly everywhere!"

And Grainger is not likely to have any or help you either.  You really do need to contact Canon.  They are going to be proprietary, odd head, metric and probably an odd pitch size.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Why do you need them? If you have any hobby shops that cater to the R/C crowd small metric screws are something they would carry. Otherwise you'll need a big supply house unless you want a boxed quantity. Canon may be the best choice if they can identify what you want & sell small quantities.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements