Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Focus Ring Rotating only in One Side + Dioptric Wheel Stuck

Hi guys! This is my First time posting here Smiley Happy I hope someone can help me

I am facing an issue with my lense where it is only rotating on one side while focusing.. Can someone tell me a fix?

Plus I will also add, about my Dioptric Wheel (Adjustment Wheel near the Viewfinder), it is kinda stuck. and Can't adjust anymore... how to fix it too? 

Plus if i can also add (Last one), how can i replace the rubber covers in the port in 600d? because i just bought an replacemant parts on Ebay.

I hope someone can help me, I am a First Time Canon User Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Focus Ring Rotating only in One Side + Dioptric Wheel Stuck

[ Edited ]

racker5d wrote:

Hi guys! This is my First time posting here Smiley Happy I hope someone can help me

I am facing an issue with my lense where it is only rotating on one side while focusing.. Can someone tell me a fix?

Plus I will also add, about my Dioptric Wheel (Adjustment Wheel near the Viewfinder), it is kinda stuck. and Can't adjust anymore... how to fix it too? 

Plus if i can also add (Last one), how can i replace the rubber covers in the port in 600d? because i just bought an replacemant parts on Ebay.

I hope someone can help me, I am a First Time Canon User Smiley Happy

Did you drop or bang that part of your camera?

The rubber eyecup just slides on and off.

Sounds like you need to replace the diopter too. Which given your questioning of how to replace the eyecup, you should probably leave that to a camera repair shop. 

Respected Contributor

TTMartin wrote:

racker5d wrote:

Not the eyecup, the port cover. Since I never want mine to come off, I have no idea how to install it.

Respected Contributor

kvbarkley wrote:

TTMartin wrote:

racker5d wrote:

Not the eyecup, the port cover. Since I never want mine to come off, I have no idea how to install it.

???

Respected Contributor

He asked about

"how can i replace the rubber covers in the port in 600d?"

Not the eyecup.

Esteemed Contributor

Just pull the old port covers off. They have a long piece that inserts into a hole on the camra body.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472