cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Canon 77mm PL-C B Protect Lens - Dirt Cheap

jsternmd
Apprentice

Are these fakes or knock offs.  I bought a 77mm Canon PL-C B lens --new for $35.  How can these be true Canon products?  The packaging and lens looks identical to the "real" deal I saw in a reputable camera store in Manhattan but that was selling for $200.  Any advise?

j

6 REPLIES 6

Crista
Whiz

Hi jsternmd! 

We can understand your concerns about possibly having a counterfeit or knock off Canon lens filter! We have a special team of technical support agents who handle counterfeit Canon products. They will be able to help figure out if your lens filter is a genuine Canon product or a fake. You can reach them by calling 1-855-46-CANON, Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight ET.

We're confident that they will be able to help you out!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I tried to find your $35 dollar filter and could not.  But I can almost certainly guarantee you it is a counterfeit.  If you bought it you will know for sure shortly after you use it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Does it look like this?

canon77filter25002.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Well, it was removed from Ebay... probably due to complaints. Yes by looking at the real box and the one on Ebay the differences were noticable in print quality on the box.

thanks for reassuring me there are no free lunches

@jsternmd wrote:

Well, it was removed from Ebay... probably due to complaints. Yes by looking at the real box and the one on Ebay the differences were noticable in print quality on the box.

BTW, tthat's not a "protect lens". It's (or at least it pretends to be) a circular polarizer.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@jsternmd wrote:

BTW, tthat's not a "protect lens". It's (or at least it pretends to be) a circular polarizer.

I agree.  A CPL filter is not a protect filter.

I use the B+W XS-Pro Clear MRC-Nano filters on all of my lenses.  Some lenses do not perform well with filters, and the EF-100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM is a good example.  That lens doesn't like UV filters, much less a CPL filtere.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements