cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF lens on canon 400d?

Anthony2412
Contributor

So I have a 400d which works fine, a few years ago when I first bought it, it came with a 18-55mm EFS lens so I am ausming I cant use EF lenses but if I can please tell me.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

TTMartin
Authority
Authority
You can use all Canon EF and EF-S lenses on the 400D/XTi. Canon's newer STM lenses offer outstanding image quality at a reasonable price. They are a fantastic value.

View solution in original post

@Anthony2412 wrote:

Ok thank you guys all for commenting so I can use all modren canon lenses on a 400d?

Except those designed specifically for the "M" (Mirrorless) series of cameras.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Anthony2412
Contributor
Yeah ok I dont need a mirrorless lens I got a dslr. I checked out some STM lenses and they go for a very good price.

15 REPLIES 15

Anthony2412
Contributor

Ok thank you guys all for commenting so I can use all modren canon lenses on a 400d?

Yes, you can.  And they don't have to be STM lenses but they can be if you want.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Anthony2412 wrote:

Except those designed specifically for the "M" (Mirrorless) series of cameras.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

TTMartin
Authority
Authority
You can use all Canon EF and EF-S lenses on the 400D/XTi. Canon's newer STM lenses offer outstanding image quality at a reasonable price. They are a fantastic value.

"They are a fantastic value."

Straight from the horses mouth or somewhere, anyway.  You can take it for gospel.  Show the OP some MTF charts to convince him.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Anthony2412
Contributor
Yeah ok I dont need a mirrorless lens I got a dslr. I checked out some STM lenses and they go for a very good price.
Announcements