Canon Community Canon Community

Esteemed Contributor

Re: EF and EF-S lenses

shadowsports wrote:
Yes. There is. I've figured it out. If you make multiple repetitive edits to a post, say more than 3 in a 60sec period, there is a good chance your edits will display with a " your post was edited successfully" message, but when you refresh the page or go back to the top level of a section, your entire post will be gone. Moral of the story I need to proofread better before I post.

I don't think that can be the whole story. When it happened to me, I wasn't doing fast, repetitive editing.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Honored Contributor

RobertTheFat wrote:

shadowsports wrote:
Yes. There is. I've figured it out. If you make multiple repetitive edits to a post, say more than 3 in a 60sec period, there is a good chance your edits will display with a " your post was edited successfully" message, but when you refresh the page or go back to the top level of a section, your entire post will be gone. Moral of the story I need to proofread better before I post.

I don't think that can be the whole story. When it happened to me, I wasn't doing fast, repetitive editing.

Moderators have been known to move threads, from one topic to another.  If they move a thread while you are in the middle of an edit, then your reply is linked to a non-existent thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Respected Contributor

Something weird for me is typing like stuttering. Probably something about my thumb-work but I get echos/stutters.  But it doesn't happen to me in other sites.  

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
VIP

" I got a notice there were replies but when I clicked to see them I was told I wasn't allowed. I didn't have permission or something like that. No idea what that's about."

Post was deleted by the author after they posted it and the notice was sent.

A lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
VIP

"It has happened to me once. It was a couple of years ago, and I don't remember that much about it, but I do recall being convinced that there is an obscure bug in the posting software."

Well with 10,000+ posts between us and it happened only once to you.  None to me.  I don't see it as a significant bug.  Diffidently the definition of 'obscure'.  

Highlighted
VIP

The board has an auto save feature.